To activate the Conference Introduction, the moderator can press *32. Because this is a moderator feature, the user will need to be “in the conference” using the moderator passcode. After activating the feature, moderators will hear the following prompt:
- Press 1 to record your conference introduction
- Press 2 to delete your introduction
- Press 3 to listen to your introduction
- Press * to return to the conference.
To record the introduction, the moderator will press 1 and hear the following: “Please wait for the tone, then say your introduction and press the pound key.” After pressing the pound key, the recording will be played back to the moderator for verification. MyConference will ask the moderator to press 1 to re-record the intro or * to return to the conference.
The Conference Introduction will then be enabled for this conference and play on all future calls until the introduction is either recorded over or disabled by the moderator.
About the Introduction
- The length of the conference introduction is 20 seconds. After 20 seconds, the moderator will automatically be cut off.
- Only one introduction is allowed on each conference. For different introductions, the moderator must either create multiple conferences or record a new introduction for each call.
- For first time users, Teleconferencing Services recommends the moderator enter the conference 15 minutes prior to the start of the conference to record their introduction. If the moderator has not enabled and recorded an introduction before participants enter the conference, they will not hear the custom introduction.
- Participants already in the conference before this feature is enabled will not hear the introduction.